Podcast Marketing Consultant – Part Time
To apply please complete the form below.
Stitcher is the world’s largest pure-play podcast media company. We began as Earwolf, a pioneering comedy podcast network home to beloved shows like Comedy Bang! Bang! And How Did This Get Made?. Our Midroll brand distributes and monetizes major podcasts such as WTF With Marc Maron, The Bill Simmons Podcast, Oprah’s Supersoul, and StarTalk Radio. Since 2016, we’ve also been the parent company of the Stitcher app, one of the leading podcast listening apps. We’ve been building the podcast industry since its earliest days — and we’re just getting started.
Stitcher is seeking a part-time marketer (10 hours / week) to work on the launch of the Exactly Right podcast network, a new collection of shows curated by the hosts of My Favorite Murder (Karen Kilgariff & Georgia Hardstark). You’ll work closely with Stitcher’s Marketing team, as well as Exactly Right producers and talent, to ensure each new show achieves its launch goals. This role may be based in Los Angeles or New York City.
- Work directly with producers and talent to support launch of a new podcast network throughout 2018.
- Work with designers and hosts to create podcast cover art and branding for each show.
- Create and implement launch plans for new podcasts on the network, on channels including podcasts, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Plan and oversee creation of additional marketing assets (audio promos, images, etc)
- Coordinate launch milestones with Stitcher’s sales, press, and marketing teams.
- Establish partnerships with podcast platforms and apps to highlight the podcast
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have more than two years’ hands on experience in marketing to a consumer audience across digital channels and their relevant analytics reporting processes. Experience in media & entertainment and/or media planning and placement – specifically for audio – is a plus.
- You’re process-driven, have an affinity for project management and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You enjoy working on both the analytical and creative sides of marketing. Planning content for social media and finding nuggets of data in a spreadsheet to help optimize a channel are both things you like to do.
- You’re a team player, results and detail-oriented, self-starter kind of person who likes to get stuff done.
- You love podcasts and think more people should be listening to them.
Nice to have:
- Experience in the podcast industry
- Experience working with hosts / talent
- Proficiency in Google Sheets and Excel
- Proficiency in Photoshop